Creating a bullet journal is a great way to keep a record of your day. However, for those that want a more creative approach, there are a few other ideas you can use to bring some spontaneity into the way you do it. Create a couple of simple doodles to help you keep the journaling flowing. When it comes time to actually write your entries, start your next date with a few simple doodles.
- One way to do this is to take a paper clip and poke a single flower. When the flower opens, draw a line and draw a dot and then finally draw the flower petal. Let the flower peek out above the page so you can see it better.
- One idea is to start your journal with a smiley face and continue from there. Choose a pair of eyes that will make your next date a lot more fun. You can add the date and location for convenience.
- This one is pretty simple. Draw the date on a piece of paper and use a marker to make a string of hearts on the calendar page. Make sure that you make one heart for each date in the month.
- Make sure that you have time to do this simple writing exercise each month. Take a break for lunch. By doing this, you allow yourself enough time to sit down and create a journal that you can really enjoy. Also, you can buy a clock that has a cute clock face.
- The first page of the journal should be simple. The rest of the pages should get more creative. Keep adding more pages and more fancy drawings for the rest of the month.
- Use an index card to keep a note on a page and then use the same index card on the other pages. Keep doing this until all your notes are on one page.
- Start your journal with a two-page entry, one page per day. For some people this is the most important part of their journal, so you may want to practice this for a while before you actually start writing entries on your journal.
- Creating a journal with your kids can be fun. Encourage them to contribute by making doodles. Give them some toys that they can fill in the blank areas on the paper that you give them.
- Do you like the movie Pitch Perfect? By using a journal page as your journal, you can track the class’s progress through the entire semester.
If you really like the way that you use a journal, you may want to take the process a step further and create your own journal. There are many different ways that you can do this but one of the easiest ways to do it is to use a “tape recorder” to record the date.